Corporate Events with a difference! Team Building with Dragon Boat Workshops
Hong Kong’s Premier Destination for Private Dragon Boating Events
Team-Building Workshops Ideal for Corporate “Offsites” Sales Incentive Trips & Industry Conferences
Why dragon boating?
Short answer: “Work hard. Play hard.”
Long answer: Participants visit Hong Kong for an industry conference, sales incentive trip, or management “offsite”. All work and no play makes for a dull business trip (and a missed opportunity for building stronger connections). That’s why nearly all corporate travelers join team dinners and perhaps some basic sightseeing.
Dragon boating offers them so much more. Our workshops are a time-efficient way to get travelers out of the conference room:
- Team-building & friendly competition
- Socializing based on a brand new shared experience
- Local culture & traditions dating back 2,000 years
- Privileged access to a part of Hong Kong unavailable to most travelers (and even residents!)
Corporate dragon boat events are an exciting and fun way of motivating and integrating staff from all parts of a company. Dragon boating quickly gets everyone working together and gives him or her an unmatched understanding of the benefits of teamwork. Even the non-athletic participants enjoy the competitive urge to contribute to a well-coordinated crew. Our training emphasis is on technique and teamwork so that the team that works the best together is the one that ends up winning the race.
Partnership between VRC & Event Manager:
- Each event is owned by the event management agency
- VRC provides the venue, dragon boats, steersmen, support speedboats, lifeguards, and coaches who can keep things safe and fun.
- The event management agency has significant discretion over all other details (as long as plans are safe, practical, and don’t disturb our our members or neighbors).
- VRC can get more involved in other aspects of the event as agreed (e.g., land based “team-building” exercises for participants who do not want to paddle)
The safety of participants is paramount and Hong Kong VRC Paddle Club adheres to all guidelines set by the sport’s governing body, the International Dragon Boat Federation. All of the equipment is supplied and is in excellent condition. Life jackets are available and both life saving and first aid services are provided. Experienced members of our race teams coach the crews. Also, members of Hong Kong VRC Paddle Club are extremely sought after as coaches by local corporate teams who compete in the large dragon boat event held in Stanley every year.
Our venue at Deep Water Bay is probably the calmest and safest bay in the whole of Hong Kong, being protected on three sides by high landmasses and faces west opposite to the prevailing easterly winds. Deep Water Bay has usually good water quality and is one of Hong Kong’s cleanest gazetted bathing beaches, as well as being one of Hong Kong’s most picturesque bays.
Convenient: Located on Hong Kong Island just 8km from Central.
Exclusive: “Members Only” club not accessible to most tourists and residents of Hong Kong
Picturesque: Paddling under the clifftop roller coasters of Ocean Park
Private: Perfect for photographers and drone operators to capture from all angles
Large: Ample space to accommodate 160 guests and 8 full dragon boats Each dragon boat can accommodate up to 20pax
Safe: Bay is protected from most winds, waves and motorboat traffic (and noise)
Historic: Oldest sporting club in Hong Kong https://vrcpaddleclub.com/vrc
Flexible: Informal BBQ’s or finely catered “white tablecloth” events with professional DJ’s
The right Coaching:
Quality coaching sets us apart. VRC boasts many of Hong Kong’s best paddlers. We are passionate about paddlesports, competing in overseas international events each year, and winning literally all races in HK in some categories.
Our coaches are well equipped to handle corporate groups. We generally come from professional environments ourselves. We have a passion for dragon boating, but we also have day jobs.
References: Royal & Sun Alliance, Hong Kong Tourism Board, British Telecom, Liberty Financial, Australian Tourist Corporation, Rennicks UK, McCarthy Finance, Syntegra, Toshiba, Swiss Reinsurance Co., Sottini Telstra, Dell Computers, Nike, Zurich Insurance, National Australia Bank, Linde Group, Kimberly-Clark and ARC’TERYX Equipment to name a few.
Sample Event Rundown:
Events can be as brief as 3 hours or as long as a full day (half days are usually best).
- 9am: Guests arrive
- 9.15: VRC welcome, event overview, pep talk and safety briefing
- 9.25: Client VIP(s) address the crowd
- 9.30: breakout into crews for “dry land” coaching and safety reminders
- 9.40-10: boats load
- 10-10.30: training on the water
- 10.30: Race 1
- 10.40-10.50: Photo op (e.g. “charge the beach”)
- 10.55: Race 2
- 11.10: Race 3
- 11.15-11.40: Boats unload. Paddlers can then freshen up, grab a beverage
- 11.40-12: Awards ceremony
- 12 onward: Lunch, music, etc
Corporate Workshop requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org